Although Secrets Unsealed is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate in its employment policies and practices on the basis of race, national origin, gender, color, age, marital status, disability, or any other basis prohibited by law, it is a religious association and a member of the Seventh-day Adventist Church. The employment practices reflect religious preferences in harmony with the U.S. Constitution and controlling law, and therefore hires only Seventh-day Adventist Church members in good standing. All applicants must be cleared or approved to work in the United States.
Qualified candidates are to submit a professional resume, professional references, and the name and address of the Seventh-day Adventist church where membership is held to: email@example.com. Absolutely no phone calls please. Secrets Unsealed offers a medical and benefits package in a family, casual atmosphere.
Accounting Manager – posted July 11, 2017
REPORTS TO: President
STATUS: Full-time Exempt
LANGUAGE: Bilingual English/Spanish helpful
This position is responsible for managing and performing all the activities of the overall general accounting function. Will oversee, implement and maintain accounting systems, procedures and policies. Ensure the accurate compilation, analysis and reporting of accounting data. Acts as liaison between the company, government, client and CPA auditors in providing the required information and ensuring that proper information is maintained for chronological purposes. Provides tax, insurance and other reports required by governmental regulations. Reviews, analyzes and interprets financial and budgetary reports. Directs all aspects of accounting operations and the preparation of annual financial forecasts.
- Must be efficient with strong attention to detail.
- Manage and performs all accounting functions including, but not limited to: G/L maintenance, P/R, 401K, A/P, A/R, Billing, MPX and Q/B reconciliation and bank deposits. Manage financial statement preparation and month-end and quarterly closing, tax payments (city/property/sales), and state filings. Track foreign currency exchange, petty cash, inventory control, and reconcile department heads monthly credit card statements. Daily reconcile all website credit card transactions, and manage designated giving accounts. Process year-end 1099’s, and prepare donation receipts for mailing. Prepare monthly, quarterly and annual financial statements and analyze the financial results. Review working capital on a regular basis and with the assistance of the President monitor the company’s cash flow. Oversee and coordinate the financial planning, forecasting and budgeting process, and assist department heads with their budgeting. Process month-end closing, journal entries and, inventory roll forwards, fixed assets, margin analysis, and prepare supporting schedules for financial statements preparation.
- Direct and coordinate the Company’s annual year-end audit with the independent auditors.
- Manage the Company’s business insurance policies.
- Must have strong customer support orientation (for internal and external customers), demonstrated professional demeanor, and the ability to maintain confidential information.
- Must have strong skills in organization and planning, demonstrated ability to work independently and exercise sound judgment and problem solving.
- Assigns and audits the work of future accounting staff to develop, implement and/or maintain one or a combination of generally accepted accounting systems.
- Attend Board meetings and present financial statement reporting.
- Monitors and reviews all record of assets, liabilities and other financial transitions.
- Serve as company liaison with auditors (Annual financial and 401K audits).
- Communicate with customers to address any past due invoices on their account and providing weekly status updates to management.
- Ensure all active projects are covered by valid, binding contracts.
- Review, analyze and reconcile general ledger accounts, investment transactions in conjunction with preparing quarterly reports for management.
- Perform analysis of operations on a monthly basis.
Minimum Qualifications (Knowledge, Skills and Abilities)
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Finance or Business related field preferred. CPA or MBA a plus.
- 5 – 10 years progressive accounting experience in public accounting or similar work environment desired.
- Thorough knowledge of general accounting including application of general accounting theory.
- Strong leadership and proven supervisory skills.
- Ability to develop and maintain strong client relationships. Demonstrated mentoring, coaching and organizational administrative skills required.
- Exceptional analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Ability to work and interact with department and client organizations.
- Strong computer aptitude, which includes expertise with Microsoft Excel and Word as well as experience with Accounting software, and QuickBooks required.
- Self-managed and ability to work independently while managing multiple projects and deadlines.
Note: This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments. All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will posses the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge, skills or abilities. This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an “at will” relationship.